Jewelries are accents to any woman’s dress. But among the jewelry these days, the classic and elegant beauty of pearls still does not fade. It started in the ancient times when pearl jewelry was used as luxury items available only to the ladies of wealthy and noble families because of its extravagant price. Today, it is still elegant and fashionable, but having fresh water pearl jewelry can be affordable now.
Freshwater pearl jewelry comes in different colors and shapes. Among the common colors are cream, orange, yellow, lavender, pink and white. Shapes would vary from round, tear drop, baroque and pear among others. On its own or combined together, these offers an incredible array of possibilities.
You can go for multiple strand pearl necklaces that combine different colors. For formal occasions, you can have a single string of white round pearls. Baroque cream bracelets can adorn your wrist partnered with a teardrop earring or ring.
When choosing fresh water pearls, always take into consideration the shape of your face and your skin color. For example, a woman with a fair complexion will look better in light colored pearls compared to gray or black. Here are some of the fashionable styles of pearl necklaces to adorn you:
1. Collar style – these are multiple rows of pearls that are worn close to your neck. This type complements a “V” shaped collar or a formal evening dress.
2. Short necklace – length is approximately 40mm. This is the most classical and popular choice for ladies. It can match any classical or cocktail dress.
3. Princess style – length is approximately 45-48mm. This style usually comes with a pendant and is especially suited to high-collar dresses.
4. Martini style – length is approximately 50-58mm. This can match any casual or business suite.
5. Opera style – length is approximately 70-80mm. It can also be matched with any high collar dress, and can be worn as double row necklace.
6. Cord style – length exceeds 110mm. It can be worn very long or clasped and tied to create numerous short lengths.
7. Florid style – composed of 8mm, 6-7mm and 5mm pearls. It can be worn around the neck in several rows to create a romantic style.
8. Dress necklace – composed of long and short multiple rows, usually with a clasp. It can match any formal dress for its elegant and graceful aura.
If the shape of your face is long, you can choose a short or double row to balance it. If you have a round face and thick neck, you can choose the martini or the princess style to have a good visual projection. For those with square-shaped faces, you can choose the cord style or opera style to soften your facial contour.
In purchasing good quality fresh water pearl necklaces, proper selection should be painstakingly done to avoid buying unsatisfactory ones. Remember to always examine the luster of the pearl and inspect for cracks, marks or blemishes. Luster means that the pearl should have an inner glow in any kind of light. It is the most important characteristic that any pearl should have.